Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The Beginning

Hi, welcome to Gurmukh Soch. Let me explain why I chose this url. When I say Gurmukh, I mean any perosn (not necessarily GurSikh), whose mukh (or face or man-bhavna) is towards the Guru. I am eager to interact, exchange views and understand the soch of such people.
Overall there are 2 objectives that I set out for myself , to achieve through my blog.

First, is to spread the message of the great saint-poet Bhai Sahib Bhai Vir Singh ji, among the youth. I recently visited Bhai Vir Singh Sahitya Sadan on the occasion of his 50th death anniversary. (read a wikipedia extract on Bhai Vir Singh ji http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bhai_Vir_Singh)

What struck me as odd was the conspicuous absence of young people. If young people do not relate to Bhai Vir Singh, I fear that his work may fade in the coming decades. Then, a simple message that I had read somewhere came back to me " If you are unhappy with a situation , either you should do whatever is possible in your strength to change it, or, you should extract out the situation." In this case, it struck me that if I start a blog that publishes (whatever little to start with) youth-relevant extracts of Bhai Vir Singh Ji's work, I can something little to resolve this unhappy situation.!
This will be a gradual process, it will involve a lot of research into Bhai Sahib ji's work. But I do hope to post something of substance at least once a week.

Second, many times through my life I have experienced unexplainable joy when sitting in sat-sangat. I have been able to feel the purity, the truth and the strength in spiritual words. These are the precious moments where I have felt happiness. I wish to understand; and help many more people also understand how this happiness can be sustained. I wish to understand what aspects people attribute to the strength of their faith, and the strength in their prayer.

So, look forward to blogging! Please feel free to post comments.

No comments: